The candidates for Stuyvesant High School Parents’ Association (PA) Fall 2019 Election are as follows:
0 No Nominations Received
1 Rhanda Moussa
2 Hendry Widjojo
3 Donghui Zhang
4 Angela Chen
5 Bashu Dev Phulara
6 Dilafruz Ochilova
7 Rima Roy
8 Catherine Stansberry
9 Hendry Widjojo
10 Jun Yin
11 Patty Carey-Perazzo
12 Oksana Cherniavsky
13 Monika Kozak
14 Jung Ung Moon
15 Maria O’Donnell
16 David Rem
17 Kamini Shah
18 Guangping Shi
19 Amy Soler
20 June Xu
21 Hendry Widjojo
22 Miaona Zheng
Senior SLT Alternate Runoff
23 Shivender Sofat
24 Catherine Stansberry
SLT Sophomore Alternate Runoff
25 Anu Agrawal
26 Denise Bigo-Early
27 Robert Buff
28 Hendry Widjojo
SLT Freshman Delegate
29 Oksana Cherniavsky
30 Carol Kim
31 David Knight
32 Daniel Medina
33 Jung Ung Moon
34 Patricia Saydah
35 Kamini Shah
36 Amy Soler
37 Sandra Song
38 Guangping Shi
39 Hendry Widjojo
40 Miaona Zheng
The following notice was distributed by email on Wednesday, September 11, 2019.
Notification of an extension of the Nominating Period:
- Because of the very short period of time between the opening of school and the scheduled election, the co-Presidents of the Executive Board have, pursuant to the provisions of the PA Bylaws (Section IV.10.2), agreed to extend the nominating period until 11:59PM (New York time) on Friday, September 13,, 2019. Nominations may be submitted until that time by email to: email@example.com, consistent with the instructions (below) in the original Notice of Election. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept nominations during the extension period other than by email.
Clarification regarding the Runoffs for SLT Alternates:
- The SLT Senior Alternate Runoff Election will automatically be between Shivender Sofat and Catherine Stansberry, who were tied for this position at the Spring Election, unless either one of these candidates provide notification of their intention to withdraw their names from consideration by 11:59PM (New York time) on Friday, September 13th at firstname.lastname@example.org. This Runoff is not open for further nominations, since there are already two candidates from the Spring election.
- The Runoff for Sophomore Alternate is open for nominations, as there were no candidates in this position in the Spring. Nominations may be submitted to email@example.com until 11:59PM on Friday, September 13th.
Expansion of the team running the Fall 2019 Election
- The following have generously agreed to be part of the team running the election (please forgive the omission of anyone else who volunteered):
- Susan Fennessey and Alex Shafran (PA co-Presidents, ex officio)
- Michael Green
- Lin Huang
- John Lo
- Margot Weiss
- Mandy Wong
- [John Keller is an ex officio member of the group as Second Vice President of the PA.]
- In addition, we welcome and encourage the participation of any Stuyvesant parents/guardians in attendance on Tuesday (who are not candidates for office at that time), in assisting with the counting of the votes.
- All Stuyvesant Parents and Guardians are eligible to vote. Dina Ingram will supervise the identification and check-in of attendees in the Lobby before the election. There is no proxy voting permitted, so you must attend in order to vote.
- Once the list of candidates is finalized, each candidate will be assigned a “Candidate Number” on Monday, September 16th. The number will be sent to you via email on that day.
- Nominees may prepare, for paper distribution, a one-page (both sides of the page are appropriate) statement related to their candidacy. Candidates often use the second side of their one-page statement for a translation of their statement into a language other than English that is commonly spoken by members of our school community. Your statement must include your candidate number. In order to assure a level playing field, the statement may not be distributed electronically via any site associated with Stuyvesant, but should be available in paper form on election night. Candidates typically prepare ~125 copies of their statement. Tables will be available in the lobby at 6:30 for distribution of the statements.
- Candidates will be given the opportunity to make a brief oral statement to the attendees in the auditorium before the election. This statement is typically limited to one minute in the interests of conducting a timely vote. If you are unable to attend the meeting, you may designate another parent or guardian to make this statement on your behalf. However, it must comply with the time limit established.
[The following is the text of the complete, original election notice that was made available in August.]
Notice of Fall 2019 Elections
Stuyvesant High School Parents’ Association
Parents’ Association Executive Board & School Leadership Team Delegates
Elections to be held:
- Date: September 17, 2019
- Time: 7:00 pm
- Place: Stuyvesant High School, Auditorium, 345 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10282
Positions to be filled:
Stuyvesant High School Parents’ Association (PA) Officers:
- Senior Member-at-Large – 1
- Junior Member-at-Large – 1
- Sophomore Members-at-Large – 3
- Freshman Members-at-Large – 5
School Leadership Team (SLT) Delegates:
- SLT Freshman Delegate – 1 + Alternate
- SLT Senior Alternate – 1 (runoff election – this was a tied election in May, 2019)
- SLT Sophomore Alternate – 1 (runoff election – no candidate stood in May, 2019)
- There will be one (1) Alternate SLT Delegate for each class selected as follows:
- The candidate for each class delegate with the highest number of votes other than the winning candidate(s) (i.e. the runner-up) will serve as the SLT Alternate Delegate for that class
The only qualification for all offices is that the candidate be a parent/guardian of a child currently in the school.
To nominate yourself or someone else as a candidate on the September 17, 2019 election ballot, please complete and submit the nomination form or the equivalent information as follows:
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail or hand delivery to the PA office:
- Stuyvesant High School Parents’ Association, Room 271, 345 Chambers Street, New York, NY 10282
- Nominations for the positions will remain open until 11:59 pm on September 10, 2019. [Note: email nominations will now be accepted until 11:59PM on September 13, 2019. We will not be able to accept hand-delivered nominations during the extended period.]
- All nominations received will be acknowledged by email. If you do not receive an email acknowledging the PA’s receipt of your nomination within three days of its submission, please email email@example.com and advise that you did not receive such confirmation.
Term of Office:
- The term for each of these positions is one academic year, July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
This notice will be distributed to parents by email.