Congratulations to the newly elected PA Officers, Members-at-Large, and SLT Representatives for the 2020/2021 school year! And thank you to all candidates and participants of our first online election. The results are now final, and consistent with the preliminary results shared at the end of the election meeting:
Co-Presidents: Connie Hsu and Alex Shafran
1st VP: John Keller
2nd VP: Angela Chen
Recording Secretary: Jimmy Hsu
Corresponding Secretary: Ethan Sacks
Treasurer: Catherine Wu
Assistant Treasurer: Sandy Chu
Senior Member-at-Large: Rhanda Moussa
Junior Member-at-Large: Jun Yin
Sophomore Members-at-Large: Jianyu (Jan) Liu, Amy Soler, Donghui Zang
Freshman Members-at-Large: Alice Chan, Melissa Lee, Catherine Stansberry, Lanzy Xue, Derick (Sai) Yu
Senior SLT Delegate: Nancy Ho, alternate: Joanne Giordano
Junior SLT Delegates: Haiying Ju, Suki Murdock, alternate: Ellie Choi
Sophomore SLT Delegates: Sandra Song, Miaona Zheng, alternate: Tracy Zhang
Freshman SLT Delegate: Ting Yu, alternate: James Lin
- All Parents and Guardians of current Stuyvesant students were eligible to vote. There was no proxy voting permitted. Students, faculty and family were welcome to observe, but not vote, during the election.
- Registration was required to participate in the election, with the Eventbrite Order # required for voting
- A link to the online ballot was shared in the event materials and chat
- Uncontested elections were adopted by motion
- Candidate statements and photos were shared prior to the election, and candidates had up to 45 seconds to address the community during the election meeting
- The online ballot closed 15 minutes after the last candidate spoke
- Preliminary results were announced at the end of the meeting
- Voter eligibility was verified by the Director of Family Engagement after the election.
- Of the original 406 submitted ballots, 37 were not counted: 11 due to invalid order #, 1 ineligible student voter, 7 could not be verified, and 18 were duplicate entries. This did not alter the outcome for any position.
The election was run by the 2020 Nominating Committee, co-chaired by Kelly Anson and Eve Bois, with Ling Chow, Lin Huang, Rima Roy, and Kaiyee Wong. Please email email@example.com with any questions.