Spring Elections for the 2023/24 academic year will be held during the online PA General Meeting on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 at 7:00pm. All parents of current Stuyvesant students are encouraged to run for office. Positions to be filled are:
- President (2 parents may run as Co-Presidents)
- First Vice President
- Second Vice President
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary
- Assistant Treasurer
School Leadership Team (SLT):
- Senior Parent Delegate (1 + Alternate)
- Junior Parent Delegates (2 + Alternate)
- Sophomore Parent Delegates (2 + Alternate)
For more information, see position descriptions. The term for all positions is one academic year, commencing July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024. Note: Members-at-Large and Freshman SLT will be elected in September 2023.
To run for office:
- Fill out the nomination form online by 11:59pm May 9, 2023 to get on the ballot
- Submit a candidate statement by May 11, 2023 through this online candidate form
- Join the PA Spring Elections Zoom meeting with your assigned candidate number, prepared to give ~30-second statement, for the May 16, 2023 meeting. There will be an optional rehearsal event prior; if you cannot attend the election meeting you may have someone speak on your behalf.
Candidate eligibility and rules:
All parents and guardians of current Stuyvesant High School students graduating in 2024, 2025 or 2026, are eligible to run for office, except those also employed by the school.
To ensure all candidates are given an equal opportunity, all election and candidate materials will be distributed/posted by the PA, without endorsement, after the close of nominations and at least 24-hours before the election. Per DOE rules, candidates may not individually solicit votes or distribute materials in support of their candidacy at the school or through PA/school websites, bulletin boards, newsletters, chat rooms, social media, and parent email lists. (see Chancellor’s Regulations A-660)
This notice was created by the 2023 Nominations Committee and posted on April 15, 2023. Any questions or comments may be directed to email@example.com