There are many ways to get involved and to volunteer at Stuyvesant, from attending PA General Meetings, to running for office, or serving on a committee. Volunteering is a great way to stay involved in your student’s education and meet other parents and Stuy staff.
Volunteer Opportunities with Stuy PA
We need volunteers to help with the following:
- work on our committees, Academic Affairs, College Committee
- organize and help with faculty receptions in October and March
- organize and help with hospitality before our general meetings
- organize and help with College Night
- organize and work with outreach committees in different languages
- organize general meetings programs and book special speakers for parent education (i.e. How to Pay for College, Your Teenager’s Health, Reducing Stress, etc)
- organize, help, and host special events, including our annual Spring Feast
- work on fundraising
- work on grant writing
- graphic design and publications
- computer programming
If you have the time to help out, please make contact and let us know how you can help us.
Sign Up for a Committee
The PA organizes our work through committees, which are vital to our success. Parents who serve on committees find it a wonderful way to meet other parents and to get to know the school better. Committee chairs are appointed to the Executive Board by the PA President(s) and approved by the General Membership. They are expected to attend Executive Board’s monthly meetings and PA General Meetings.
See the PA Committees page to find out what each committee does. For more information or to volunteer, contact the chair of the committee that interests you!
We also need many volunteers throughout the year to help us plan various events and to bring valuable information to Stuy’s parents. These events include the open houses, the faculty receptions, College Night, etc. Please email ContactPA@Stuy-PA.org if you want to be an active part of the PA community.