Parent Teacher Conference Tips Chinese 中文

cribb_20171027_3000-2-780

Parent Teacher Conference Tips
家長教師會的提議

Here are some tips to help you navigate the twice-yearly, fall and spring parent-teacher conferences.
以下是一些提議可以幫助您參與每年兩次(秋季和春季)的家長教師會。

How to Prepare
如何準備

  • Download your student’s schedule from TALOS – or ask them to print it out for you – and bring their class schedule to the conferences.
    從 TALOS 下載學生的課程表 – 或要求他們為您打印出來 – 並帶來他們的課程表到會議中。
  • Discuss classes and teachers with your student before the conferences. Ask them if they have any questions they would like you to ask a teacher. Bring your notes. You only have 3 minutes, so it will help if you are prepared.
    在會議之前與學生討論課程和教師。問他們是否有任何問題希望你問老師。帶上你的筆記。你只有3分鐘,所以預先準備好會有所幫助。
  • Download and read the report card which is available on TALOS.
    從 TALOS下載並閱覽學生的成績單。
  • Make a list of the teachers/classes you wish to see – in order of importance.
    按重要性排列出您希望會面的教師或課程
  • Make sure you have your student’s home room number.
    確保您有學生的主班房號(1AA, 3TT, 等等)
  • Get the name of your student’s guidance counselor before coming.
    在參與會議之前獲取學生輔導員的姓名。
  • Make notes of points you wish to discuss and take them with you to the meetings.
    記下您想要討論的要點,並將它們帶到會議中。

At the Conferences
在會議上

  • Teacher’s room numbers will be supplied online before the conferences and printed copies will be available at school.
    教師的房間號碼將在會議開始前在學校網站提供,學校也會提供複本。
  • Teachers of each academic department will be on the same floor.
    每個學術部門的教師將在同一樓層。
  • Teachers will have a meeting signup sheet outside their rooms. ARISTA students and Big Sibs will keep the schedule sheets and call time on the 3 minute meetings.
    教師將在他們的房間外面有一個會議報名表。 ARISTA學生和Big Sibs將維持每個家庭有三分鐘的會晤時間。
  • Translators for Chinese Mandarin, Cantonese and Korean are available outside room 271.
    普通話,粵語和韓語的翻譯員將在271室外提供一對一隨身翻譯服務。
  • Students are welcome to attend the meetings with their parents – but most parents go alone.
    歡迎學生與家長一起參加會議 – 但大多家長會隻身參與。
  • Sign up for teachers in an order that will allow you time to move from floor to floor.
    按序報名會晤教師,讓您有時間從一樓步行到另一樓。
  • Check back to find out how fast the list is moving so that you don’t miss your time slot and have to sign up again.
    回來查看報名表移動的速度,這樣您就不會因錯過時段而要再次報名。
  • You will have 3 minutes with each teacher. If you need to follow up, do so via email or schedule another meeting, if possible.
    每位老師將有分鐘的時間。如果您需要跟進,請盡可能通過電郵或安排其他會議。
  • Take this opportunity to meet your student’s guidance counselor – but note that you can meet the counselor any time during the year.
    藉此機會與您的學生輔導員會面 – 但請注意,您也可以在年中的任何時間與輔導員安排會面。
  • Elevators may be slow and crowded, use the stairs and escalators.
    電梯可能很慢而且擁擠,請盡量使用樓梯和自動扶梯。
  • Divide your visits between the two conference days or have more than one parent attend.
    在兩個會議日之間劃分您的訪問次數,或讓多個一位家長參加。
  • Students will be selling baked goods and treats to raise money for their clubs and teams. Bring some cash to support them.
    學生將出售烘焙食品和零食,為俱樂部和團隊籌集資金。帶一些現金支持他們。

Why Go to a Parent Teacher Conference?
為何要參加家長教師會議?

  • To show teachers you are involved in your student’s education.
    向教師展示您積極地參與學生的教育。
  • To get information about your student’s abilities and challenges.
    知悉學生的能力和挑戰。
  • To help the teacher understand your student’s special needs and talents.
    幫助老師了解學生的特殊需求和才能。
  • To find out how you can better support your student.
    得知如何更好地支持您的學生。
  • To better understand your student’s letter grade evaluations.
    更好地了解學生的等級評估。
  • So that you can talk with your student about their teachers.
    這樣您就可以與您的學生談論他們的老師。